Benefits of taking Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)Bookmark this
There are mainly 2 reasons responsible for the shift of classroom instructor-led training (ILT) to virtual instructor-led training (VILT). One being cost-effectiveness and the other being Learning Effectiveness.
Why is VILT cost effective?
It is financially practical because the training expenses are reduced in many aspects such as:
- There are absolutely no travel expenses since visual learning requires you to learn from your own location of convenience. This benefits both the teacher and the student.
- There are no accommodation costs. Neither the student nor the instructor has to live at a hotel to take part in a special class or seminar on VILT. All the training can be done from your own home.
- Lost time costs are reduced. Traveling to onsite learning locations often lead to lost-time expenses along with the time spent in the classroom. VILT training is given in short modules and you do not have to travel anywhere as well. There you can save significantly.
- You do not have to spend on any training material. Online training courses give you readymade study material and easy interactivity with digital sources. This removes the need for any hardcopy materials for training.
Why is VILT Learning effective?
- The valuable real-time 2-way instructional setting for learning is quite evident. It is as significant as any traditional classroom setting. The lack of proximity in this 2-way communication might be a little drawback but is overpowered by the student comfort of being able to use from the location of their own choice.
- You get a continuous and varied experience of training or learning. The online learning mechanism includes social media, polling, digital libraries and video resources in addition to the various learning tools.
- It is a big challenge for different businesses and colleagues to participate in some training which is located at different locations at the same time. With the help of VILT, even the team that are distant can get learning opportunities together.
- VILT works at a live broadcasting platform. Thus various media tools can be used together such as visual, video, audio, interaction, polls, chat and more. Better integration of these tools fills up the gap of potential training in education and learning.
- You can instantly use different interactive tools that enhance the facilities available in the online learning environment.