Dental BridgesBookmark this
Whether you have missing teeth due to injury, decay or disease, the gap between your teeth can affect your health and lifestyle in a number of ways.
Dental bridges provide an artificial tooth to “bridge” the gap left by a partial tooth loss of one or more natural teeth. The bridge for teeth is held in place by two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap.
Occasionally, instead of using crowns on the adjacent teeth, especially if the gap covers several teeth, implants may be placed as the supporting abutment teeth for a fixed bridge. Your Brooklyn cosmetic dentist only uses this technique if the gap covers the entire side of your mouth or your present natural teeth aren’t strong enough to provide adequate tooth bridge support.
Why Should I Get a Dental Bridge?
Made of gold, alloys, porcelain or some combination of these materials, a dental bridge restores your ability to eat and speak for a natural and younger-looking appearance. A tooth bridge restores lost tooth structure to eliminate the possibility of the unsightly and uncomfortable movement of your other teeth. Dental bridges, when provided by the best bridge dentist in Brooklyn:
- Restore your smile to its former, even and symmetrical appearance
- Maintain the youthful shape of your face and eliminate the possibility of a gaunt, aged appearance
- Restore your ability to chew properly
- Distribute the forces in your bite to reduce extra wear and tear on your remaining teeth
- Prevent your remaining teeth from drifting out of position or loosening
Family Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry of Brooklyn
2148 Ocean Ave, Ste 401,
Brooklyn, NY 11229
+1 (718) 339-8852