Dental VeneersBookmark this
A beautiful smile makes all the difference when it comes to your self-confidence. Small teeth in adults, gaps in your teeth or tooth discoloration all compromise the look of your smile. Your Yonkers cosmetic dentist, open on Saturday and Sunday, can help you determine if veneers are the right choice for you.
Veneers on teeth are thin pieces of tooth-colored material that are molded to fit your teeth. The goal of dental veneers is to change the size, color or shape of your teeth for a more even look. Veneers can enhance:
- Teeth that are discolored from root canals, fillings or other procedures
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Irregular teeth or small teeth in adults
- Teeth with gaps
- Any other dental issues that cause a lack of confidence
Different Kinds of Veneers on Teeth
Depending on your dental needs and financial resources, different kinds of veneers are available, including:
- Porcelain veneers. The most expensive, but most natural-looking material makes the best veneers for crooked front teeth. They’re custom-made for size and shade, and they’re quite durable. Of course, your dental veneer costs increase for this level of quality.
- Composite veneers. These veneers are made from the non-metallic material used to fill cavities. Composites usually fix minor chips and gaps or to make teeth longer. They aren’t quite as expensive, but they’re not as durable either.
- Instant veneers. These are premade and work well as small teeth veneers or for broken teeth. Because they’re premade, the dental veneer costs are lower, but an exact shade match isn’t always possible.
- Removable veneers. The newest style of veneers on teeth is a hybrid between porcelain and instant. They are custom made, but thinner, so they can be removed if needed. While these veneers are the less expensive, they may not be a suitable long-term solution.
Park Avenue Smiles
169 Park Ave,
Yonkers, NY 10703
+1 (914) 965-3864